June 08, 2007

Goodbye Koh Chang, Hello Bangkok

(Written Sunday, June 3)

Checkout today was at noon. We were all sad to leave our beautiful beach retreat. But we weren’t sad to leave the teeny tiny ants that climbed all over our luggage, including INSIDE my laptop’s keyboard (they started crawling out when I started typing). Seriously gross.

From the hotel, we took a truck taxi back to the ferry, took the ferry to the mainland, had some confusion about where and when to catch the bus, figured out what was going on, and finally got onto the bus. I got a seat in the last row of the bus next to a young Australian guy. We didn’t talk much until the second half of the trip. For the first few hours, I watched a bit of Moonstruck on my laptop (because Moonstruck is still the best movie in any country), then listened to my iPod and fell asleep. When I woke up, we chatted a bit about my job, his job, travel, etc. He has his own brand of clothing in Bangkok that he exports to various countries, but is getting restless of being in one place, and wants to travel again, even though he has worked in and visited countries all over the world. I understand the feeling!

After arriving in Bangkok, I took the BTS and a motorcycle taxi back to my place, and crashed for the evening, tired, and still just a little bit sandy.

1 comment:

April McCoy said...

Moonstruck! It's nice to know that some things never change. :)