June 11, 2007

Evenings in Bangkok

(Written Thursday, June 7)

Here’s a run-down of the happenings after hours (e.g. after work) this week.

June 5 (Tuesday): Go to club. Club was dark, loud (hip-hop music blaring accompanied by music videos), and selling expensive booze. Pushy guy kept asking me to kiss him—ugh, hate that! Verdict: I think I will be avoiding the club/bar scene here from now on. I’m more of a homebody anyway, and can play loud hip-hop if I really want to in the comfort of my own apartment.

June 6 (Wednesday): Head straight to free margaritas. They really are free! Many margaritas, lots of salt, and nachos (my first really non-Thai food since I got here). Yummy, and I plan to go back again next Wednesday.

June 7 (Thursday): Went to the train station to get my ticket to Chiang Mai for tomorrow evening. A guard there chatted with me and suggested we hang out sometime. He was sweet, but I said I was too busy with work. Second man-encounter this week!

1 comment:

April McCoy said...

Sophie, you are just so hot the guys can't keep away!