June 19, 2007

Cambodia, The Breeze, Patpong

(Monday-Wednesday, June 11-13)

June 11: At work today, I discovered that our IP partner is going to Cambodia for a film project and wants an intern to accompany him! As the other interns already have plans for the weekend, and I’ve been trying to decide whether I wanted to go to Cambodia or Laos this weekend, I quickly jumped at the opportunity, and asked if I could go. And he said yes!!! So I’m going to Cambodia this weekend!!! To celebrate, I went to see “Oceans 13” after work. It started a bit slowly, then got exciting. George Clooney still has it!


June 12: Very tired after work, so stayed home after work today.


June 13: I went to the US embassy this morning to get extra pages put in my passport (I don’t quite need them yet, but I will soon). Instead of putting the pages at the end, they stuck them in the very center, so one set of stamps for Israel is at the beginning of my passport, and the other is at the end. Oh well, so much for chronological order.

After work, our IP partner took us out for a fancy dinner at “The Breeze,” a restaurant on top of a hotel down by the river. The restaurant was beautiful, the view was beautiful, there were fireworks over the river, the food was tasty, and the wine flowed freely. We all told our life stories, so I feel I know the other interns a little better now. After dessert, we grabbed a couple taxis and went to the famous Patpong red-light district. First stop: the market. Nothing special here, I didn’t buy anything. Second stop: my first strip club! Hard to know where to look in a place like this, especially since we were seated about 3 feet from the pole-dancers... A little known fact about this club: all or nearly all of the dancers were once men. Hmm, it’s amazing what surgery can do these days.

Third and final stop: the bar our IP partner owns shares in. No pole-dancing here, just a TV, booze, and chatting. As we were all falling over by this point, we abandoned the nightlife scene early (it was about 1 am) and took taxis home for the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.