July 23, 2007

Farewell BKK

Dear Blog Fans,

It is my second-to-last day here in hot, humid Bangkok! No more sweating! No more scary motorcycle taxis nearly running me over on the sidewalk! No more food poisioning!

But also no more super cheap, delicious food. No more cha yen (that deliciously sweet tea you can get at Thai restaurants in the US, but is way better and costs 50 cents here). No more temples. No more exotic smell of incense in the air. No more traveling.

It will be great to be home, but I hate to leave Thailand. Everyone keeps telling me to come back and visit them. I would love to--but I have a few other countries on my list to visit first! Of course, I was only able to visit Cambodia and Laos this summer, which leaves Vietnam, Burma, and Singapore (at least) for another trip. Hmmm... a post-bar trip perhaps?

I leave for the US the day after tomorrow, so I'll see you all soon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Can't wait to see you Saturday :)

I'm still working on HP...stuff like sleep and meetings with DJ/Florist/Cake guy/Wedding Coordinator keep interrupting my reading time...grrr...it'll be done by Saturday, for sure!

Have a safe trip home!!!!